Los Angeles Electric 8: Imagined Overtures CD
This 2009 limited edition CD release from the octet bookends re-imagined masterpieces with two premiere recordings of new music. The album begins with Peter Yates' "G-String Fetish," a spasmodic frenzy of notes that slowly unravel onto the guitar's open G-string. Concluding with Frank J. Oteri's microtonal suite, Imagined Overtures, all eight guitars re-tune sixth-tones apart to create surprisingly vibrant sonorities. Four centuries of music illustrate how the group balances adapting the old and advancing the new.
Los Angeles Electric 8: Philip Graulty, Chelsea Green, Ben Harbert, Andy Nathan, Marc Nimoy, Alexander Sack, Felix Salazar, JohnPaul Trotter.
- Yates: G-String Fetish
- Taeggio: La Porta, Canzone
- Gabrieli: Sonata XIII a 8
- Gabrieli: O Jesu Mi Dulcissime
- Messiaen: Louange à L'éternité de Jésus
- Bach: Prelude No. 14, BWV 883
- Bach: Fugue No. 21, BWV 886
- Bach: Prelude No. 8, BWV 853
- Bach: Fugue No. 8, BWV 853
- Oteri: Imagined Overtures: Natural Selection
- Oteri: Imagined Overtures: Intelligent Design
- Oteri: Imagined Overtures: Exquisite Panic